Have you been charged with a weapon crime? In Maryland, judges, prosecutors and law enforcement officers take these crimes very seriously. While the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, the meaning and interpretation is often times strongly contested. If you have been charged with a gun violation of any kind in Maryland, you need an attorney that understands the state’s laws, applicable statutes, and legal precedent in case law, so that you can work through the ambiguous interpretations.
Gun weapons-related charges include:
- Illegal gun possession
- Concealed weapons charges
- Criminal possession of a weapon
- Possession of an unregistered firearm
- Unlawfully carrying a loaded firearm or ammunition
While you don’t necessarily need to have a permit to possess a shotgun/rifle, possession of a handgun in Maryland is strictly prohibited for any person that:
- Is a fugitive
- Has serious mental health issues
- Has a history of seriously violent behavior
- Has been convicted for any crime of violence
- Has been diagnosed as a drug addict
At The Law Offices of Caroline Norman Frost, Caroline offers extensive experience as a former prosecutor and will provide aggressive legal representation to defendants charged with illegal gun possession. If you are facing any accusation involving a firearm or deadly weapon, call today for a free consultation at 240-213-1802.