The Law Office Of Caroline Norman Frost | Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney
Nation's Premier NACDA Top Ten Ranking 2023

Maryland’s Most Zealous Criminal and DUI Defense Attorney

Feel Confident About Your Future Again

It is natural to feel stressed and frightened if you face accusations of domestic violence. Having a skilled, assertive attorney on your side can put you at ease and help you feel optimistic about the future once more. At the Law Office of Caroline Norman Frost, I work with clients in Baltimore County, Montgomery County, Howard County and the surrounding jurisdictions to defend them from criminal charges involving domestic abuse.

Domestic Abuse In Maryland: What To Know

Under Maryland law, domestic violence involves an act of abuse against a current or former intimate partner, relative or member of your household. Some of the most common criminal charges in these cases include:

An alleged victim of abuse often petitions the court for a protective order (also called a restraining order). These are court orders that prohibit the accused from committing certain acts against the petitioner. A peace order is similar to a protective order, but the petitioner can use a peace order against an offender who is not a family member, partner or household member. If someone has filed one of these orders against you, I can represent you in your hearing to try to get it removed. Domestic violence can also be charged as a federal crime.

Inside Defense Knowledge From A State Prosecutor

Before founding my criminal defense law firm, I worked as a prosecutor for the state of Maryland. I handled numerous cases involving violent criminal offenses, including domestic abuse. From this experience, I have inside knowledge of the state’s weaknesses when it comes to prosecuting domestic violence cases.

Discuss Your Options In A Free Consultation

When you need a defense lawyer dedicated to helping you, you can rely on me. I strive to respond promptly to all inquiries. To schedule your free, confidential initial consultation with me, please call 240-249-2269 or send me an email.